Happy Saturday Salad Bitches,
In this post I share with you a delicious Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower & Couscous Salad I had for lunch! It serves about 4, or you can have a bit more as a meal. Come travel to the Med with me!
What you’ll need:
* Extra virgin olive oil
* 1 medium size cauliflower broken up
* 1/2 cup couscous – I used a Greek brand called Misko – “Kouskousaki” 😛
* 1/2 cup halved Kalamata olives
* Spanish onion ~ to taste ( I love onions… 😛 )
* 1/2 cup chopped parsley
* Lemon to taste
* Salt & pepper
Optional ~ Feta
1. Put on some good music. Wink wink…
2. Preheat oven to 400 degress F
3. Toss cauliflower in light evoo (extra virgin olive oil). Place cauliflower on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. At this point I don’t add any salt, but you can if you want. Add Kalamata olives and bake for another 15 minutes or so. You want the cauliflower to turn a bit golden and the olives to shrivel up a bit.
4. Boil water in a medium pot, and then add couscous. Bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. It doesn’t take long for couscous to cook, so watch it doesn’t start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
5. Mix together couscous, cauliflower, olives, Spanish onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
6. Mix lemon and evoo. Pour on top. Add salt & pepper to taste.
7 Enjoy your travel getaway to the Mediterranean!